SELINSGROVE, Pa. – The seventh-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team opened the 2019 season by blanking the Kean Cougars, 3-0 on Friday in the 2019 Connie Harnum Classic, hosted by Susquehanna University.
Final Score: No. 7 Salisbury 3, Kean 0
Records: Salisbury (1-0) | Kean (0-1)
Location – Selinsgrove, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got the scoring going early when Mack Dinopoulos fed a penalty corner to McKenzie Jamison and Rachel Domanico was able to deflect Jamison's shot into the goal for the opening marker of the season
- Just under two minutes later, Domanico added her second goal of the early season in the 11th minute.
- After a scoreless second and third quarter, Tara Flavin added her first goal of the season off an assist from Domanico.
- Goalkeeper Dom Farrace stopped all three shots that came her way to earn the shutout.
- Salisbury outshot Kean, 13-6.
- Domanico put away a pair of goals on three shots and an assist while Flavin added a goal.
- The Sea Gull defense limited the Cougars to two second-half shots.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Friday's win was the eighth consecutive year that Salisbury opened the season with a shutout.
- Domanico's two-goal performance matches her career-high and is the third multi-goal effort of her career.
- Farrace earned the eighth shutout in her career.