SELINSGROVE, Pa. – The Salisbury University field hockey rolled in the Connie Harnum Classic final over the Wilkes Colonials, 4-1 on Saturday.
Final Score: No. 7 Salisbury 4, Wilkes 1
Records: Salisbury (2-0) | Wilkes (1-1)
Location – Selinsgrove, Pa.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Arielle Johnston opened the scoring for Salisbury in the 10th minute of the game.
- Johnston added her second marker of the game 56 seconds into the second quarter on a penalty stroke.
- Four minutes later, Tara Daddio netted her first goal of the young season to put Salisbury up three on a Meghan Jolikko assist
- After Wilkes scored to open the second half, Salisbury responded with a goal two minutes later when Jolikko converted a pass from Emma Jeffries.
- Salisbury had the 24-5 shot advantage over Wilkes.
- Johnston converted two of her four shots on target into goals. All five of Daddio's shots were on goal.
- Dom Farrace saved two of the three shots on goal she faced.
- The Salisbury defense did not allow a shot in the first half.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Jolikko scored and added in an assist in her first action of the 2019 season.
- Johnston's two-goal effort was the third multi-goal performance in her career and first since she scored a pair in Salisbury's 4-0 win over Misericordia on Sept. 1, 2018.
- After the tournament, senior defender Jillian Hughes was named the Connie Harnum Classic Most Valuable Player. Fellow senior Rachel Domanico was selected to the All-Tournament team following the championship game.