SALISBURY, Md. – The fourth-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team cruised to a 7-0 win over the Washington (Md.) Shorewomen on Wednesday.
Final Score: No. 4 Salisbury 7, Washington (Md.) 0
Records: Salisbury (5-0) | Washington (1-3)
Location: Salisbury, Md. – Sea Gull Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury wasted no time getting on the board. On a breakaway, Tara Daddio found Rachel Domanico in front of the net in the fourth minute.
- Camryn Dennis netted her first goal of the season on an assist from Jenna Partilla six minutes later to double Salisbury's lead to 2-0 in the first quarter.
- 33 seconds into the second quarter, McKenzie Mitchell corralled a failed clear in front of the cage and blasted a shot past the Washington keeper.
- Daddio tallied back-to-back goals in the second quarter to put Salisbury up 5-0 heading into halftime.
- Peyton Kemp and Rebecca Lloyd each scored goals in the third and fourth quarter respectively to push Salisbury's lead to seven.
- Salisbury outshot Washington, 21-1
- Tara Daddio scored a pair of goals while Rachel Domanico, Camryn Dennis, McKenzie Mitchell, Peyton Kemp and Rebecca Lloyd all notched a goal in the win.
- Arielle Johnston registered two assists.
- Daddio, Jenna Partilla and Meghan Jolikko each dished out an assist.
- Dom Farrace and Mackenzie Peacock split time in the cage. Farrace made a save in the first quarter on Washington's lone shot.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The win extends Salisbury's season-opening win streak to five.
- Mitchell extended her scoring streak to three games.
- It is Daddio's first multi-goal game of the season and the eighth of her career.