RADNOR, Pa. – The fourth-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team secured a 5-1 victory on the road over the Cabrini Cavaliers on Saturday.
Final Score: No. 4 Salisbury 5, Cabrini 1
Records: Salisbury (6-0) | Cabrini (1-5)
Location: Radnor, Pa. – Edith Robb Dixon Field
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first quarter, Salisbury got on the board in the 25th minute. Camryn Dennis scored on a penalty corner play off an assist from Arielle Johnston.
- Cabrini nodded the game at one three minutes into the second half on a Gabby Thompson goal.
- Two minutes later, Tara Daddio converted a diving goal off an assist from Jenna Partilla to put Salisbury back up by one.
- Partilla got a goal of her own in the 41st minute off an assist by Johnston.
- Johnston netted a goal in the 46th minute off a feed from Allie Davis.
- Dennis recorded her second goal of the game in the 48th minute on assists by Johnston and Meghan Jolikko.
- Salisbury held the 26-3 shot advantage over Cabrini.
- Camryn Dennis tallied a pair of goals to lead the offense.
- Arielle Johnston registered five points on a goal and three assists.
- Jenna Partilla and Tara Daddio each scored while Partilla, Meghan Jolikko and Allie Davis all dished out an assist.
- Dom Farrace made a save in 51 minutes in net.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Johnston's three assists and five-point performance were all career bests.