DOVER, Del. – The third-ranked Salisbury University field hockey secured a 3-0 shutout victory on Tuesday over their Route 13 rivals, the Wesley Wolverines.
Final Score: No. 3 Salisbury 3, Wesley 0
Records: Salisbury (12-1) | Wesley (8-5)
Location: Drass Field – Dover, Del.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got on the board first in the opening quarter of the game when Tara Flavin corralled her own rebound and buried the shot past the Wesley keeper.
- After a foul in the attacking zone in the opening moments of the second half, Rachel Domanico passed the ball ahead to Meghan Jolikko, who blasted a shot to double up Salisbury's lead in the 36th minute.
- Jolikko tallied her second goal of the contest a minute later when Jenna Partilla secured the loose ball in front of the cage on a penalty corner and passed the ball over to Jolikko to put Salisbury up 3-0.
- Salisbury outshot Wesley, 14-3.
- Salisbury recorded 13 penalty corners compared to Wesley's two.
- In her return to Delaware, Meghan Jolikko notched a pair of goals.
- Tara Flavin netted a goal while Rachel Domanico and Jenna Partilla each recorded an assist.
- Camryn Dennis registered a defensive save.