SALISBURY, Md. – The third-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team rolled through Southern Virginia, 6-0, in Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) action on Saturday.
Final Score: Salisbury 6, Southern Virginia 0
Records: Salisbury (15-1, 4-0 CAC) | Southern Virginia (0-15, 0-4 CAC)
Location: Sea Gull Stadium – Salisbury, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Two minutes into the contest, Meghan Jolikko opened the scoring for Salisbury with a goal from the feed from Rachel Domanico.
- Domanico would score back-to-back goals in the fifth minute of the game. Domanico's first goal came off a rebound on the initial shot by Jenna Partilla. 48 seconds later, Domanico would redirect a shot by Tara Daddio into the back of the net.
- McKenzie Mitchell would put Salisbury up 4-0 in the eighth minute of the contest on a penalty corner play off an assist from Rebecca Lloyd at the top of the arc.
- Grace Fipps would tally the fifth goal of the quarter with just under a minute to go in the quarter when SVU's Kyla Nace couldn't corral and Fipps stole the ball from under her feet.
- Ariel Limpert scored the final goal for Salisbury in the 57th minute of the game off the initial shot by Emma Jeffries and tapped over in front by McKenzie Jamison.
- Salisbury commanded the shot category over Southern Virginia 38-0.
- Salisbury took 25 penalty corners.
- Rachel Domanico tallied a pair of goals and an assist.
- McKenzie Mitchell, Ariel Limpert, Grace Fipps and Meghan Jolikko all scored for Salisbury.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- With the win, Salisbury secures the first seed and first-round bye in the CAC Tournament, which begins on Nov. 2.
- Prior to the game, Salisbury recognized their senior players and support staff.
- It is Salisbury's 10th shutout of the season.