SALISBURY, Md. – The third-ranked Salisbury University field hockey team finished up a perfect Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) regular season schedule with a 2-0 win on Wednesday over the York Spartans.
Final Score: No. 3 Salisbury 2, York 0
Records: Salisbury (16-1, 5-0 CAC) | York (9-9, 2-3 CAC)
Location: Salisbury, Md. – Sea Gull Stadium
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got on the board with seconds remaining in the first quarter. Tara Daddio won a ball near the attacking zone. York's goalkeeper Kaitlin Wallace came out to play the ball but Daddio pushed the ball over to Jenna Partilla, whose shot found the back of the open net.
- Salisbury looked to double their lead in the middle part of the third quarter but a penalty stroke was called before the ball went to the back of the net. Arielle Johnston stepped up to the spot but Wallace made a diving save to keep it a one-goal game.
- Minutes later, Salisbury won another penalty stroke. Rachel Domanico was called to the stroke, but her shot went wide of the cage.
- Salisbury got an insurance goal in the 57th minute when Johnston played a penalty corner to the top of the cage to Lindsey Elgin. Elgin's shot went through the defense and into the back of the cage.
- Salisbury held the 19-1 shot edge over York.
- Salisbury won eight penalty corners during their ninth annual Corners for Cancer game
- Jenna Partilla and Lindsey Elgin each netted a goal for the Sea Gulls.
- Tara Daddio and Arielle Johnston registered an assist apiece.
- Dom Farrace stopped the lone shot that came her way.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Elgin recorded her first career goal in her final regular season game.