BUENA VISTA, Va.- The Salisbury University men's soccer team defeated the Southern Virginia Knights, 2-1, on Saturday for their first Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) win of the year.
- Final: Salisbury 2, Southern Virginia 1
- Records: Salisbury (6-2-1, 1-0 CAC) | Southern Virginia (2-8-0, 0-1 CAC)
- Location: Knight Stadium- Buena Vista, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Dolph Hegewisch got the scoring started early just 13 minutes into the first half to give the Sea Gulls the 1-0 lead.
- Southern Virginia would answer back quickly when Nick Francis scored their lone goal to tie the game at one in the 19th minute.
- The remainder of the first half consisted of a lot of Sea Gull offense with eight shots in the half to Southern Virginia's two.
- Coming right out of the half, Cullen Myers received a pass from John Woozley to find the back of the goal to secure the lead for the Sea Gulls in the 52nd minute.
- The Myer's goal was enough to seal the Sea Gull win over the Knights, 2-1.
- Salisbury had the advantage in shots, 21-3 over Southern Virginia.
- The corner kick advantage went to the Sea Gulls, 9-2.
- Dolph Hegewisch and Cullen Myers each registered a goal for Salisbury.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Dolph Hegewisch scored his third goal of the season to put him at 11 points, which leads the team.
- Josh Woozley's assist and Cullen Myers' goal ties them for second-most points on the team with seven.