FREDERICKSBURG, Va.- The Salisbury University men's soccer team stumbled on the road, 2-0, to the Mary Washington Eagles in Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) action.
Final Score: Mary Washington 2, Salisbury 0
Records: Salisbury (8-7-1, 3-5 CAC) | Mary Washington (11-3-2, 6-2 CAC)
Location: Battlegrounds – Fredericksburg, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the 13th minute, Cullen Myers had the chance to give Salisbury the early lead, but the Eagles defense was able to prevent the ball from going into the net.
- Mary Washington took the early 1-0 lead in the 28th minute when Ben Aherns buried a rebound past Gabe Dunn.
- The Eagles would come right out of the break to double their lead, 2-0, when Gabriel Soriano found Jeremy Hokenson in the 58th minute.
- Quinn McLaughlin had the chance to cut Mary Washington's lead in half but his shot would soar high of the goal.
- In the final minutes, Myers had another scoring opportunity to put the Sea Gulls on the board, but his shot also went high.
- Salisbury tallied four shots, two of them were on goal.
- Gabe Dunn recorded three saves in the goal for the Sea Gulls.
- Cullen Myers led the Sea Gulls with two shots, one being on goal.
- Quinn McLaughlin and Dylan Park both had two shot opportunities.