Posted: Oct 21, 2019
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Angradi got the 15th draw in the Division III singles bracket. After dropping his first two matches in straight sets to Nikolai Parodi of Claremont-Mudd Scripps in the first round and Will Leach of George Fox in the consolation round, Angradi rebounded to down Matthew Michibata of TCNJ in two sets (6-4, 6-2).
- The 12th seed, Angradi and Siew battled to win their opening-round contest against Ben Kirsh and Daniel Foster of Whitman, 7-5, 6-4.
- Siew and Angradi won their first set in the quarterfinals against Antonio Mora and Willian Wanner of Emory, 6-2 but Mora and Wanner won the second set, 6-3 to force the third-set tiebreaker. Mora and Wanner outlasted Siew and Angradi in the tiebreaker to win the match.
- Siew and Angradi dropped to the consolation bracket and fell in straight sets to Joseph Cartledge and Austin Gu of Johns Hopkins.
- Angradi and Siew are the Salisbury men's tennis program's first representatives at the ITA Cup.
- Salisbury opens its spring season with the Sea Gull Open on Feb. 7, 2020.