Posted: Nov 20, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University women's basketball team fell to the No. 14 Marymount Saints, 61-48, on Wednesday.
- Final Score - No. 14 Marymount 61, Salisbury 48
- Records - Salisbury (2-4) | Marymount (4-0)
- Location – Maggs PAC – Salisbury, Md.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Marymount got hot out of the gates with a 16-6 run to start the game and jumped out to a 19-8 lead at the end of the first quarter.
- Marymount stretched their lead to as much as 18 points, 27-11, with just over five minutes left in the half. Salisbury started cutting into the deficit with back-to-back threes by Kylie Webb.
- Salisbury's 14-5 scoring run to close out the second cut the Marymount lead down to 31-25 heading into halftime.
- Salisbury's torrid shooting and strong defense continued in the start of the second half as the Sea Gulls tied the game at 33 with 7:36 left in the third quarter on an Amber Onyekwere three-pointer.
- However. Marymount would end the quarter on a 10-2 run to take the 43-35 lead into the final frame.
- Marymount started to pull away in the fourth quarter to take the road win.
- Kaylee Otlowski led the Salisbury offense with 16 points on 8-of-16 from the field. Otlowski also pulled down six rebounds.
- Lauren Fortescue and Catherine Gibson each tallied eight points for the Sea Gulls. Gibson also reeled in a team-best nine rebounds.
- Emily Dilger notched six rebounds along with four points.
- Kylie Webb chipped in with six points.
- Jada Welbon dished out a team-high five assists.