Posted: Sep 21, 2019
SALISBURY, Md. –After an aggressive 110 minutes of play, the Salisbury University women's soccer team tied the Bridgewater Eagles, 1-1 on Saturday.
- Final Score: Salisbury 1, Bridgewater 1 (2 OT)
- Records: Salisbury (4-2-2) | Bridgewater (3-3-1)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – SU Soccer Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bridgewater scored the opening goal of the game in the 31st minute. After a low cross into the box, Emily York passed the ball near post to Ana Elson who tallied the goal.
- Salisbury looked to get on the board in the opening moments of the second half. Salisbury got a foul in the box and won a penalty. Lydia Narum took the penalty but the shot was saved by Sydney Davis.
- A minute later, Narum scored Salisbury's game-tying goal on a header to the back of the net from a free-kick from Kasey Lamb.
- Salisbury had a pair of shots in the overtime. Ally Goetz' chance in the first overtime period was stopped by a diving Davis. Autumn Dougherty had a shot from the outside the box in the second overtime but Davis pushed it over the bar.
- Salisbury outshot Bridgewater, 13-6.
- Salisbury and Bridgewater both collected six corners.
- Lydia Narum tallied a goal on three shots. Autumn Dougherty, Julianna Boller and Ally Goetz each had two shots on goal.
- Emma Hill collected three saves for Salisbury, Sydney Davis of Bridgewater stopped seven saves for the Eagles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- This was Lydia Narum's third goal of the season.
- Salisbury remains undefeated at home with a record of 3-0-1.
- Salisbury hits the road next Saturday as they head down to Buena Vista, Va. for their first Capital Athletic Conference game of the season against Southern Virgnia.
- Game time is set for 2 p.m.
- Live stats are available.