YORK, Pa. –The Salisbury University women's soccer team blanked the York Spartans, 1-0, on the road on Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) play.
- Final Score: Salisbury 1, York, 0
- Records: Salisbury (10-2-2, 6-0 CAC) | York (5-10, 2-4 CAC)
- Location: York, Pa. – Graham Field
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kasey Lamb netted the lone goal of the contest in the 24th minute after a pass from the wing was deflected off a York player and Lamb one-timed the loose ball.
- Salisbury attempted to double up their lead in the second half with Kara Schmidt, Brooke Rossiter, Julianna Boller and Kasey Lamb each recording a shot on goal.
- Salisbury outshot York, 10-3.
- Salisbury took five corners compared to York's four.
- Kasey Lamb scored a goal on two shots on goal.
- Kara Schmidt, Brooke Rossiter, and Julianna Boller each had a shot on goal.
- Emma Hill saved the only goal that came her way in the 42nd minute of the first half.
- Jillian Kozak saved four shots for the Spartans.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Lamb notched her first goal of her collegiate career.
- Salisbury extends their unbeaten streak to ten games while collecting their eighth shutout for the season.
- Salisbury returns home on Saturday, October 19 as they go against the St. Mary's Seahawks at the SU Soccer Complex for Homecoming.
- Game time is set for 2 p.m.
- Live stats and video are available.