SALISBURY, Md. – It took extra time but the Salisbury University women's soccer team downed the Mary Washington Eagles, 1-0, at home on Wednesday to remain unbeaten in Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) play.
- Final Score: Salisbury 1, Mary Washington, 0 (OT)
- Records: Salisbury (12-2-2, 8-0 CAC) | Mary Washington (6-10, 3-5 CAC)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – SU Soccer Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Emma Hill saved a pair of shots two minutes apart in the middle part of the first half to keep the game scoreless.
- In the second half, both teams started racking up the shots on goal. Mary Washington tallied seven shots while the Sea Gulls collected five but neither team saw the back of the net.
- After a foul in the midfield in the 95th minute, Jenna Beck played a long free-kick into the box. Julianna Boller chested the bouncing ball in the box over to Autumn Dougherty. Dougherty's shot went under the diving goalkeeper and sealed the win for Salisbury.
- Six of the Sea Gulls' 11 shots were on goal.
- Salisbury took seven corners compared to the Eagles four.
- Brooke Rossiter, Tayah Rendina, Ally Goetz, and Kara Schmidt all had a shot on goal.
- Autumn Dougherty had two shots on goal and a goal; Julianna Boller notched the assist.
- Emma Hill saved nine shots for the Sea Gulls.
- Allison Nork saved five shots for the Eagles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Autumn Dougherty collected her fifth goal of the season and her first game-winning goal.
- Julianna Boller registered her seventh assist of the season.
- Salisbury extends their unbeaten streak to twelve games while collecting their tenth shutout for the season.
- Salisbury continues at home on Saturday, October 26 as they face the Southern Virginia Knights in CAC action at the SU Soccer Complex for their Senior Day.
- Game time is set for 1 p.m.
- Live stats and video are available.