SALISBURY, Md. – The Salisbury University women's soccer team ends their Senior Day with a win over the Southern Virginia Knights, 6-0, at home on Saturday to remain unbeaten in Capital Athletic Conference (CAC) play.
- Final Score: Salisbury 6, Southern Virginia, 0.
- Records: Salisbury (13-2-2, 9-0 CAC) | Southern Virginia (3-14-1, 1-8 CAC)
- Location: Salisbury, Md. – SU Soccer Complex
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first half started strong with two unassisted goals by Jenna Beck within the first five minutes. Both of Beck's goals were scored after a Sea Gulls corner. Beck's first goal came when Southern Virginia failed to clear the ball out and Beck headed to the far post. After being deflected off a Knight on a cross, Beck was able to find the back of the net in the fifth minute of the game.
- Brooke Rossiter stole the ball in the attacking midfield in the 35th minute and passed the ball to Ally Goetz through the legs of a Southern Virginia player. Goetz blasted a long-range shot past the Southern Virginia keeper to put Salisbury up 3-0.
- Julianna Boller scored Salisbury's fourth goal of the game on a low cross from Kasey Lamb on the left side of the field in the 63rd minute.
- Rossiter then tallied a goal in the 75th minute after she fielded a cross from the far side of the field and one-touched the ball to the back of the net.
- Ten minutes later, Julie Venere heads a ball on the near post into the back of the net after a corner kick from Dana Gordon.
- Nine of the Sea Gulls' 14 shots were on goal.
- The Salisbury defense held Southern Virginia to only two shots, one of which was on goal.
- Salisbury took 12 corners.
- Jenna Beck had two shots and two goals. Ally Goetz and Julie Venere had two shots on target and a goal while Brooke Rossiter and Julianna Boller each had a shot on goal and a goal. Liliana Caceres also picked up a shot on goal.
- Kasey Lamb, Brooke Rossite, and Dana Gordon all recorded an assist.
- Regan Benton came in relief of Emma Hill and saved the only shot that came her way for the Sea Gulls.
- Savannah Uri saved three shots for the Knights.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Jenna Beck collected her fourth and fifth goals of the season.
- Julianna Boller notched her fifth goal of the season as well.
- Brooke Rossiter registered her seventh goal of the season.
- Salisbury extends their unbeaten streak to thirteen games while collecting their eleventh shutout for the season.
- Prior to the game, Salisbury honored their 11 seniors for Senior Day
- Salisbury is away on Wednesday, October 30 as they face the Christopher Newport Captains in CAC action.
- Game time is set for 7 p.m. in Newport News, Va.
- Live stats and video are available.