FREDERICKSBURG, Va. – The Salisbury University women's tennis team competed this past weekend in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Southeast Regional, hosted the University of Mary Washington.
- Event: ITA Southeast Regional
- Location: Tennis Center – Fredericksburg, Va.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Hannah Baxter and Katherine Tamesis each won three matches in the Singles C draw to meet each other in the finals of the draw.
- Baxter won each of her matches prior to the finals in straight sets while Tamesis rallied back after dropping the first set in her quarterfinal matchup with Darian Yakhnis of Wilkes to win the match 2-6, 6-2; 1-0(3).
- Baxter and Tamesis battled in a three-set thriller the finals of the Single C draw with Baxter collecting the win 7-5, 2-6; 1-0(6).
- Veronica Cuellar and Sarah Dover each made it to the semifinals in the B and D draws with two wins at the tournament.
- Laura Brown, Jordan Schaefer and Annika Kezman competed in the championship draw for Salisbury.
- Kezman won a pair of matches in straight sets before bowing out in the Round of 16 to Claire Coleman of Mary Washington.
- Brown collected a win over Ella Samer of Washington College in the Round of 64 before falling to the consolation rounds after a three-set clash in the Round of 32.
- Brown and Kezman teamed up for the championship doubles draw. After dropping their first match, Brown and Kezman won their first-round match of the consolation bracket, 8-5 over Grace Dignazio and Anna Miller of Swarthmore.
- Baxter and Sydney Soto won their opening match 8-6 against Sweet Briar's Katica Kotany and Allison Wandling in the B Doubles draw.
- Dover and Tamesis picked up an 8-5 Round of 16 win over Arcadia's Julia Paraboschi and Tess Weber in C Doubles.
- During the first day of the tournament on Saturday, the Blue draws finished the day 10-0.
- The championship draws tallied a 12-2 record at the regionals.