OWINGS MILLS, Md. – The Salisbury University volleyball team pushed their season-opening winning streak to eight with a three-set sweep over the Gallaudet Bison on Friday to open the Stevenson Invitational.
Final Score: Salisbury 3, Gallaudet 0 (25-17, 25-12, 25-14)
Record: Salisbury (8-0) | Gallaudet (1-9)
Location: Owings Mills Gymnasium – Owings Mills, Md. (Stevenson University)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Salisbury got out to an early 10-4 lead in the first set. Gallaudet would cut the Salisbury lead to 14-10 but Salisbury started to capitalize on Gallaudet errors to take the first set.
- Powered by a 17-6 run to start the set, Salisbury cruised to the 25-12 win in the second set.
- The hot-hitting continued in the third set for Salisbury. As a team, Salisbury hit .519 in the set with 16 kills on 27 attempts. A Chloe Adam kill sealed the win for the Sea Gulls.
- Amanda Chew paced the Salisbury attack with a match-high 10 kills on 22 attacks. Chew also tallied six digs and two blocks.
- Caitlyn Edman notched six kills on nine swings to register a .667 hitting percentage.
- Chloe Adam and Carley Cleland each recorded five kills. Cleland blocked a pair of attacks.
- Hannah Sullivan and Jenna Feinauer each registered three blocks apiece.
- Claudia Sweitzer handed out 19 assists while Kiana Bopp had nine assists and three service aces.
- Hailey Dougherty dug out a match-best 16 digs and added two service aces.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- It is Salisbury's fourth sweep of the season
- Salisbury's .378 hitting percentage as a team was the highest of the season.
- Salisbury faces Dickinson and Stevenson on Saturday,
- Salisbury opens with Dickinson at 10 a.m. before squaring off with Stevenson at 4 p.m.
- Live links are available at SUSeaGulls.com.